Bury Veterans Bowling League
The plans to start the 2021 Vets League are summarised below:
- Delegates Meeting to be held at Seedfield Bowling Club on Monday 17 May when fixture cards will be issued.
- League Games will commence on Monday 24 May and run until Wednesday 1 September (see 2021 Fixtures on 'Bury Vets Fixtures' TAB opposite)
- It will not be possible to rearrange any league games that have to be cancelled due to inclement weather. These will be scored as a draw.
- Handicaps will be as set at the end of the 2019 Season and will be on the fixture cards.
- The Harrison Shield and Jim Verity Cup will be cancelled for 2021.
- The K.O. Cup will be held in the 2nd and 3rd Week in September - weather permitting.
- We may have to play matches with 7 pairs until the Step 4 of the Government Roadmap on 21 June. If we can play 8 pairs, we will.
- The Committee are keen that we stay as an 8 pairs league, however some clubs have much reduced squads. Therefore, to help increase squad sizes the Committee has made the following temporary rule changes:
- Rule 9 - Reduce the age to qualify for the Vets to 57 (Proposed by Openshaw)
- Rule 9a - The final lists of registered played must be completed by 31 May 2021.
- Rule 15 - Players Short. Allow up to 4 players from the first 4 pairs to be selected for the second 4 pairs. Any bowler requesting the first 4 will not be allowed to play in the second 4.
- Rule 19 - Allow up to 5 ladies to be registered (Proposed by Nuttall Park)
The AGM will be held on Monday 29 November 2021, when the above temporary rule changes can be voted on.
For all 2021 Season Vets League Results, Table, Fixtures and Cup Draws, click on the tabs in the Menu to the left.